Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Planes of My Past (Part 2)

My previous post showed a short video of the Jetstream 4100.  It was the first passenger carrying airplane I ever flew. Two years after I was hired at Atlantic Coast Airlines, I transitioned to Captain of the Canadair Regional Jet.  It is a 50-seat plane built by Bombardier of Canada.  I have almost 2,000 flight hours in the left seat the the CRJ-200.  When I was finishing my training on the CRJ, the country experienced the worst terrorist attack on US soil, the flying of airplanes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.  I was to do my checkride the day after 9/11.  Needless to say, it was postponed for a few days.  My first trip out of training included a flight from Indianapolis to La Guardia in New York City.  The arrival brought me right over the top of the World Trade Center site.  What I saw will be permanently seared into my memory.  Thankfully, I had many good memories of flying the CRJ during the 3 years I flew her.  Here is a video that was produced by a friend of mine that I flew with at Atlantic Coast Airlines.  He made it while flying with another company.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment